Ontario Operations Coordinator - Toronto
TITLE: Ontario Operations Coordinator - Toronto
DATE: June 2022
DEPARTMENT: Ontario Operations
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Ontario Operations
STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
SALARY: $45,000 Per Annum Plus Benefits
TIE REQUIRED ON-SITE: 50% (approximate)
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery.
We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and distribute it to charities and not-for-profits across the country to feed communities. Demonstrating our values of community, environment, integrity, and collaboration, we strive for No Waste. No Hunger.
Second Harvest has a growing network of more than 2,500 non-profit and charitable agency partners that we redistribute food to, over 300 of which are Toronto-based. In 2018, Second Harvest launched its innovative online platform, the Second Harvest Food Rescue App, which enables businesses to donate surplus food to not-for-profit agencies. It is an easy-to-use, free platform that helps users track and manage food donations, while ensuring edible surplus is diverted from landfill. Second Harvest is now operating across Canada and is poised to become the one-stop-shop for food recovery across Canada.
The Ontario Operations Coordinator - Toronto is responsible for supporting our Toronto agency network with online platform, direct delivery, and pick-up programs, as well as to develop and implement programs that drive Second Harvest’s community impact. We are looking for someone who is partnership minded, driven by positive community development and social change, and who has community programming and food sector knowledge.
- Support Second Harvest’s Toronto-based non-profit network receiving donations through our Direct Delivery, Pick-up, and food rescue app programs by resolving questions and/or concerns in a timely manner with a focus on customer service excellence.
- Use appropriate tracking mechanisms to document activities (phone calls, emails) with agency network both online and offline.
- Assess capability gaps and opportunities to improve the Direct Delivery & Pick-up Programs as well as the food rescue app, working with the team to collect and identify issues and improvements to enhance the program; identify Ontario agency capacities and infrastructure to better match agencies with food donors.
- Collect and maintain impact stories on Second Harvest recipient agencies.
- Identify opportunities to grow Second Harvest programs and collaborative initiatives to strengthen the organization’s reputation as a thought leader in food literacy and food rescue.
- Conduct demonstrations of the food rescue app as well as terms and conditions audits with local organizations.
- Support with community events, outreach, advisory groups, and public speaking about the work of Second Harvest as needed.
- Support the Education & Training program by facilitating best practice workshops to Second Harvest stakeholders as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Track and monitor analytics across all social media platforms, providing analysis, reports, and updates; define and report on KPIs and make recommendations based on data.
- Partnership-Minded: you are a people person who makes friends easily and can leverage existing relationships to build program success.
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focusing your effort on meeting or exceeding goals.
- Naturally Curious: you’re innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Analytical: data is your friend; you’re able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiencies.
- Problem Solver: you have a knack for planning and are a critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives and present solutions to complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans.
- Customer-Focused: you care deeply about fostering positive partnership/user experiences.
Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada. The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons, such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before July 3, 2022, via email, with “ONTARIO OPERATIONS COORDINATOR - TORONTO” in the subject line, to email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.