Senior Manager, Marketing
TITLE: Senior Manager, Marketing
DATE: March 2022
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communications
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Marketing & Communications
STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
SALARY: $80,000 - $90,000 Per Annum Plus Benefits
Time Required on-site: 40-50% (approximate)
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery. We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities.
Second Harvest is looking for an experienced marketing professional, who will develop and implement a long-term marketing strategy in support of the Second Harvest brand and fundraising. As the Senior Manager, Marketing, this position is responsible for overseeing Second Harvest’s marketing and brand strategy with the objective of building brand awareness, growing followers, increasing fundraising, and expanding community engagement. Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing & Communications, this role will work closely with stakeholders across the organization and lead integrated campaigns that drive awareness and revenue. You will possess a strong background in brand strategy, communications, direct response, and an understanding of both fundraising and marketing tactics.
- Participate in strategic planning activities in collaboration with stakeholders across the organization and identify opportunities to increase brand awareness, drive revenue and increase engagement.
- Lead and support integrated campaign planning based on analytics for the organization in support of brand building, fundraising, events, education, and training with the goal of growing our network of food donors, community partners, and supporters.
- Lead the development of templates and promotional materials in support of corporate and foundation proposals, pitch decks and cases for support.
- Work closely with various members of the organization to ensure task and project briefs are completed with relevant information to align internal and external resources.
- In collaboration with Marcom colleagues, identify opportunities for synergy across the department and streamline activities.
- Provide business planning support for campaign development.
- Work with colleagues across the organization to establish KPIs, and develop dashboards to easily report, share metrics and improve campaigns.
- Work directly with vendors, media partners and agencies to create and deliver impactful campaigns.
- Manage direct reports, create a positive team dynamic and monitor performance and development goals; mentor, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, evaluate results, provide hands-on support, and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Manage the production of key campaigns ensuring on-brand, on-time, and on-budget delivery.
- Ensure Second Harvest presents a unified and authentic brand voice across all channels; ensure guidelines and standards are adhered to across the organization.
- Possess an understanding of culture and regional differences in support of Second Harvest’s national scope.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- An Industry Expert: you have a thorough understanding of the marketing and fundraising best practices, ideally in the not-for-profit sector.
- Passionate About Marketing: you are passionate about metrics, advancing the cause, and building connections with a wide range of audiences. You have proven experience overseeing multi-channel campaigns that generate leads, build engagement, and drive revenue. You can interpret data and translate insights into action.
- Collaborative: you enjoy working with various stakeholders and partners to build campaigns that build a brand and foster positive partner relations.
- Project Manager: you have strong project management skills, including meeting deadlines and handling a high volume of work.
- Detail-Oriented: you are proud of your work and know that cutting corners isn’t an option.
- Flexible: constant change motivates you to adapt and grow.
- People Savvy: you are comfortable providing feedback and coaching. You are a natural communicator and can influence outcomes.
- Organized: you have excellent time and project management skills, the ability to multi-task, and can work independently to find solutions.
- Experienced: you have 5+ years prior experience running integrated marketing and or fundraising campaigns, and posses excellent writing and communication skills.
- *Bilingualism would be considered a strong asset.
- Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada. The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons, such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email, with “SENIOR MANAGER, MARKETING” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.