Data Collection & Reporting Assistant
Date: September 2022
Department: Shared Data Services
Reports to: Director of Shared Data Services
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: $40,200+ Per Annum Plus Benefits
Time Required on-site: minimum 20% (approximate)
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery. We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and distribute it to charities and not-for-profits across the country to feed communities. Demonstrating our values of community, environment, integrity, and collaboration, we strive for No Waste. No Hunger.
Second Harvest is looking for a dedicated, organized team-player to join our team as the Data Collection & Reporting Assistant. This position serves as a resource for the collection and coordination of key organizational data, the maintenance of data and reporting integrity, and to ensure best practices.
We are looking for a hard-working individual who can work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to achieve its strategic goals. Success is measured by the timely achievement of key tasks and projects, developing solutions to improve reporting efficiency and performance, demonstrating positive and collaborative leadership, and creating opportunities for holistic stakeholder engagement with Second Harvest’s mission and vision.
- Assist with the collection, cleansing, and organization of data from multiple sources.
- Help maintain data and database integrity by updating information and documenting process history in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proactively liaise with colleagues to communicate data collection needs and processes.
- Participate in the development, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of data collection processes to increase efficiency and accuracy of information capture.
- Perform various ad hoc reporting in response to information requests.
- Support the maintenance of various databases and dashboards, identifying gaps in information and communicating needs and solutions.
- Support the integration and timely synchronization of multiple data sources.
- Assist with importing, exporting, and cleaning data sets.
- Support the Shared Data Services team with monitoring of progress towards annual goals.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Detail-Oriented: you are proud of your work and know that cutting corners isn’t an option; you are thorough and accurate with strong data entry and data processing abilities.
- Organized: you have excellent project and time management skills; you have a very keen attention to detail, coupled with the ability to multitask.
- Communicative: you have a knack for making complex ideas seem clear and simple; team members and peers always know what you’re up to; good communication and interpersonal skills, superior customer service, and diplomacy.
- Flexible: constant change motivates you to adapt and grow; open to new technology and a changing work environment.
- Technical: you have a very high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel along with proficiency in the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite of products; you have very strong keyboarding skills.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a related role.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and projects; able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume of work.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Professional attitude, and able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada. The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons, such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before September 18, 2022, via email, with Data Collection & Reporting Assistant in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.